raindrops running

Copyright ©Jane H. Johann, 2016 Southwestern Wisconsin Countryside

Copyright
©Jane H. Johann, 2016
Southwestern Wisconsin Countryside

raindrops running through the riverbend

tripping one over the other

in their memory upon memory

of loss, pain and suffering

raindrops running through the riverbend

deep moments of yesterday

loved ones who left

piercing their heart with no return

raindrops running through the riverbend

thoughts of things done and others left undone

letting go of the failures of the past

running forward to refresh their soul

raindrops running through the riverbend

take courage and go forward

doing better than yesterday

in their longing for tomorrow

29 thoughts on “raindrops running

1. Jan Stewart says:

You REALLY ought to publish a book of your poetry!!!!! You can self-publish you know. Get it on Amazon.com & you’ve got a 2nd career. I’m SERIOUS!!!!! Jan

Liked by 2 people

• Thank you, Jan. You are very generous with your comments! I would…but…at the moment, I cannot afford even self-publishing. I do need a second career! I began teaching English online to students in China. It was going great for two weeks…then my FSmeeting connection with China shut down! I do not know what happened and I am still trying to figure it out. I am not the most tech savvy–though I did find the firewall. However, that was not the issue…and I am still perplexed as to what is.

2. Eliza Waters says:

A wonderful poem of love, longing and hope. Beautiful, Jane!

Liked by 1 person

• Thank you, Eliza! You are so kind to read my words and comment! Thank YOU for all of your visits! I have to get to your blog now! I have been teaching Conversational English to Students in China. I love it! Just a couple of hours in the morning and sometimes at night…gives me a sense of purpose…and fills the emptiness. Good to do something that helps someone else!

• Eliza Waters says:

That is so cool that you do that. I have read of a nursing home somewhere that exchanged with Brazilian students and it ended up being so much more than tutoring. Warm, bonding relationships formed to benefit both teenagers and elderly. Is it through an organization?

• Hi Eliza,
        It is a job…I am not that great…I get paid, but I often end up going another hour beyond the required teaching time, because you are correct, it is very rewarding! I already feel a very strong attachment to the students! I applied on Indeed.com and the Principal of the school, who resides in the USA, called me after reading my resume. I have been having difficulty with the program site that I am to use for the instruction. SO I lost all of last week! :.( Presently, I am using WeChat on the I-phone to continue the teaching, until I can get the program to function once more. I can imagine that the residents of the Nursing Home feel a purpose! I know that is has made a big impact on me these past few weeks. I feel so much more alive!
        Hope your day is going well, Eliza!

• Eliza Waters says:

A total win-win!

• LOL…thank you so much, Eliza! Indeed a “win-win” situation!

Liked by 1 person

3. Lynn Thaler says:

Beautiful poem, I love it.

Liked by 1 person

4. reocochran says:

I like how you include pain and suffering bit move towards starting over and doing better in the future (tomorrow), Jane. Beautiful writing along with such a black and white, haunting photograph.

Liked by 1 person

5. Awesome poem, Jane!!

Liked by 1 person

6. oldpoet56 says:

Very nice poem, good read.

Liked by 1 person