A miracle has occurred at 2:27 AM in Palmyra, Wisconsin! I have finally figured out how to add an image to my widget to display on the sidebar of my blog. [Even when you roll that phrase off your tongue, it sounds so cute: “add an image to your widget!”] LOL
I am so happy! I did NOT know how to add “Bloggers for Peace, “and other images that I wanted. Here are the easy steps for the technologically challenged like myself! I should be in bed, but I have to write it before I forget it! LOL
1. Go to your Dashboard and travel down the list to APPEARANCE.
2. Click on APPEARANCE.
3. A list will appear to the RIGHT…..then Click on WIDGETS.
4. Choose IMAGE and slide it over to the right of your page.
5. Fill in the TITLE of the Icon into the IMAGE widget you just slid over…the TITLE would be the Icon you are wishing to paste on your sidebar…. EXAMPLE: Bloggers for Peace
6. Go to Google or whichever Search Engine you use.
7. Write in the icon you are searching for….as an example, I wanted to paste the icon, “Bloggers for Peace”……so here is what I did: In the search bar at the top of your computer write in : http://bloggers4peace.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/bloggers-for-piece-badge.png……..you can do the same procedure if you desire to look for the icon for an award that you receive.
8. Then once you find the page with the ICON only on that page….you want to RIGHT CLICK …and a list will drop down, reading COPY IMAGE….click on this
9. Return to your WIDGET Menu
10. Write in the URL address in TWO PLACES:
(1)Image URL Example: http://bloggers4peace.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/bloggers-for-piece-badge.png
(2)Link URL Example: http://bloggers4peace.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/bloggers-for-piece-badge.png
11. Hit SAVE at the bottom of your widget menu.
12. Hopefully, the icon will appear on your sidebar!