Soad from Iraq soadhachami.wordpress.com nominated me for the Shine On Award
I am honored that she chose me for this award! Thank you to all those who follow my blog and my faithful visitors! Without your affirmations and comments, I would feel lost in the writing universe! Thank you for giving me a sense of belonging in your hearts and in the world of writers!
The rules for this award are:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
Seven Things About Me:
- I grew up in a town with 10 homes and everyone was a cousin to the other! NO kidding! LOL There was also: a Church; a one-room schoolhouse that I attended for 8 years; two taverns with one that had a small grocery store attached that my grandparents once owned and my Mom lived in for her entire childhood and teenage life; and, there were also two gas stations plus my Dad’s plumbing and heating business (I so wanted to live on a farm!).
- Does the first entry count as two?
- No, I never went to Kindergarten because there was not any in our town of 10 homes and one school-house–do you think that it shows? lol
- Each evening, when I was a bit older to be out on my own, I would bike to the top of the hill, facing West, and look at the beautiful sunset as it went to sleep over the Kettle Moraine Forest. That was my moment of freedom!
- I climbed trees when I was a kid—huge cedar trees that stood 40 feet into the air…the wind would blow freely…and I felt free!
- When I was a mere five years old, I walked up to this fenced in area behind a red barn near my home, and this beautiful Holstein cow came over to the fence, stuck out its tongue, and licked my face from the bottom of my chin to the top of my forehead! WOW! To be so loved and I was so stunned!
- Behind the shop that was attached to the farmhouse where I lived with my Mom and Dad, Aunt Gerty, and ten brothers and sisters, we younger ones had thrown a plank of wood across a gully fifteen inches deep and boldly proclaimed each evening at the supper table that we had crossed the border into Mexico!
The Shine On Award requires the nomination of 15 other blogs who would in turn post the awards on their sites and nominate 15 bloggers they admire.
My 15 nominations of creative individuals for The Shine On Award are:-
1. Denise Smyth http://forphilip.wordpress.com
Denise…there are no words…for when a Mother grieves the loss of her son…blessings to you and your family
Steven is a man of good sense, strong moral courage, and has a heart of gold…as is reflected in his writings! His strength will give you the will to go on amidst any difficulty!
Dace is an honest writer who definitely writes from her heart and urges us on to be our authentic self!
Tersia fought for her daughter’s life from day one…Tersia faced the medical community and did not cower under them (…as helpful as they are and try to be…sometimes they too, get absorbed by what they do, and forget these are human beings with feelings and who need hope and understanding and the willingness to believe that their “patients” will become healthier). Tersia is a noble Mother Warrior!
5. Clanmother http://clanmother.com
I love Clanmother’s beautiful blog with exquisite artwork displayed throughout her blog! Her blog itself is presented in beauty and her writing adorn the blog’s contents!
6. Celestine firstname.lastname@example.org
Celestine writes beautiful Haikus and is soon to be published! She also writes excellent reviews of books we should attempt to read!
7. Prenin email@example.com
Prenin is a single Mom who has gone to great lengths to protect and raise her son, Daniel. Her voice is authentic in her writing of the struggles that life sent her way. She is model of bravery and conviction–and an example of the strength of a woman!
8. Musing maven http://themusingmaven.com
Musing Maven shares much of herself on her blog…her wonderful positivism…her life with her children…her own childhood…beautiful, touching truths to help us on our journey! Lovely!
9. Wuji http://seshatwuji.wordpress.com
Wuji’s poetry enters your heart so easily…captivating and each nuance is felt!
10. Paul Lenzi http://poesypluspolemics.com/
Paul’s poetry will always cause you to reflect and think deeply beyond yourself!
11. Elusive Scribe http://theelusivescribe.wordpress.com
The Elusive Scribe writes her words of poetry with such passion…poignant… to the heart!
12. White Raven Soars http://anactofwriting.wordpress.com
White Raven Soars is a home for writers…wonderful stories…wonderful insights for writers…a place to begin being a writer…WONDERFUL!
The poetry of free verse on this blog is so serene and romantic…lovely! beautiful…speaks to your heart!
14. Eshan http://jeneklabam.wordpress.com
Eshan has as the subheading: “A teenager’s journey through spirituality”… thoughts and expressions are so freely expressed! Beautiful beginnings!
15. Brenda Marroy http://www.brenda-marroy.blogspot.com/
The first post that I read on Brenda’s blog blew me away! Powerful words…insightful…healthy…and honesty delving right into your soul!